Abstracts must conform with the following guidelines.
Click Here to download and print abstract policies.
Abstract Submission Site Opens: Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Abstract Deadline: Monday, May 1, 2023
Notification Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2023
- There is a non-refundable abstract fee of $35 USD per abstract, due at the time of abstract submission. Payments must be made via credit card on the submission site; checks are not accepted.
- This abstract fee does not register you for the meeting. All accepted abstracts must be registered separately in order to be included in the Annual Meeting. The abstract submission fee is a non-refundable processing fee, and not based on approval of your abstract submission or attendance at the Annual Meeting. No refunds will be processed, even if an abstract is withdrawn.
- The abstract fee covers submission of your abstract and administrative fees for processing and reviewing abstracts. Accepted abstracts will be published in the ‘Human Immunology’ journal supplement, as well as in the virtual platform, at no additional charge.
Why is there an abstract fee?
- There is a large cost associated with collecting, processing, and reviewing all abstracts. This nominal fee helps to ensure all abstracts will be processed and peer-reviewed at the highest standards.
Abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
- ALL CAPITAL LETTERS
- do not include author or institutions
- no period at the end
- no abbreviations
Authors will be printed in the order entered.
Enter institutions including the following: department, institution, city, state/province, and country.
Abstracts will be presented live on Monday, October 16, 2023 from 7:00pm – 9:00pm and on Tuesday, October 17, 2023 from 6:00pm – 8:00pm in Salon E at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter.
Abstracts will also be available in a virtual platform and mobile application. The required format for virtual abstracts is 1 slide in PDF format. More details will follow.
Character Limit: Abstracts are limited to 2,500 total characters. This includes Title, text and spaces. It does not include tables and/or pictures.
The submission site supports the following graphic formats: gif, png, tiff, tif, jpeg and jpg.
Abbreviations: A maximum of five (5) unique abbreviations are allowed within the body of the abstract.
Scientific Submission Format: Abstracts of original work should be structured into the following four (4) content sections:
Case Study Submission Format: Abstracts of original work should be structured into the following three (3) content sections:
Selected abstracts will be published in a supplement of Human Immunology which will serve as the official abstract book for the meeting.
Abstracts will also be posted in the virtual platform on-demand service up to one year after the ASHI 49th Annual Meeting.
Ensure that all co-authors approve of the abstract submission, publication, and potential presentation.
The presenting author will serve as the contact author and will be responsible for completing the disclosure information for all co-authors.
Abstracts cannot be withdrawn after Monday, May 1, 2023, 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
To withdraw an abstract prior to Monday, May 1, 2023, 11:59 PM Eastern Time, please log into ScholarOne with your credentials and follow the steps to withdraw.
Abstracts are blindly reviewed and graded by experts in the field. They will be reviewed based on their clinical significance and scientific innovation. Abstracts failing the criteria will not be accepted.
The complete program and all selected abstracts will be posted on the ASHI Annual Meeting website prior to the meeting. Please note: Authors must agree to publish their submission online and in the journal in order to be considered for oral or poster presentation.
Previous Presentation of Abstracts
Abstracts are NOT considered for presentation if they were either published as an article or previously presented at a national or international meeting prior to the date of their presentation.
Any studies involving human subjects must conform to the principles of the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association (Clinical Research 1966: 14:103) and must meet all the requirements governing informed consent of the country in which the study was performed. Any transplant procedures performed must meet with the prevailing ethical standards.
Use of Animals
All studies involving the use of animals must conform to the 1991 revision of "Guiding Principles in the Care and Use of Animals" (American Physiological Association).
Awards will be issued to the first author. The first author is considered the lead researcher and/or takes primary responsibility for the abstract.
- International Scholar: $500.00 awarded to the highest ranked international abstract.
- Best Written Lay Summary: During the abstract submission process, submitters will be asked to submit a 4 - 7 sentence lay summary of their abstract. After abstract submissions have closed and presenters have been notified, the abstract committee will review the lay summaries and choose the best written lay summary to receive a $250.00 award.
- ASHI Scholar: $225.00 awarded to the top three abstracts.
- Case Study Awards: The two highest ranking case studies will be presented at the respective workshops and will receive a $200.00 award each.
- Posters may be considered for awards in four categories: Most Innovative, Most Clinically Relevant, People's Choice and President's Choice. A maximum of four awards will be granted. Winning posters will be announced at the Annual Meeting and will receive an award of $100.00 each.
Changes to Abstracts After Submission
You can edit the abstract in the submission site up until the submission deadline of Monday, May 1, 2023, 11:59 PM Eastern Time
After completing the online abstract form, click Finalize Abstract.
Abstract notifications will be sent Tuesday, May 30, 2023. Abstracts will be accepted based on the clinical significance and scientific innovation. Abstracts falling outside of these parameters will not be accepted.